I'm so excited to have nominated books for the CYBILS for the first time.
- The Cloud Spinner by Michael Catchpool for Fiction Picture Books. (Inhabiting Books review.)
- Timeless Thomas by Gene Barretta for Non-Fiction Picture Books. (Inhabiting Books review.)
- The Giant and How He Humbugged America by Jim Murphy for Non-Fiction: Middle Grade and Young Adult. (Review coming.)
- Sophia's War: A Tale of the Revolution by Avi for Middle Grade Fiction. (Review coming.)
- Shadowfell by Juliet Mariller for Fantasy & Science Fiction (Teen). (Review coming.)
There's still time to nominate books for the CYBILS (Children's and Young Adult Bloggers' Literacy Awards). Nominations close on October 15th. (If you're not familiar with this award, it's the blogging world's People's -or Books, rather- Choice Award.)
May I offer some suggestions?
- Beyond Courage: The Untold Story of Jewish Resistance During the Holocaust by Doreen Rappaport (Non-Fiction: Middle Grade and Young Adult) Update 10/13/12: Now nominated. Yeah!
- Tilly's Moonlight Garden by Julia Green (Fantasy and Science Fiction - Middle Grade) Update 10/16/12: Now nominated.
- The Power of Poppy Pendle by Natasha Lowe (Fantasy and Science Fiction - Middle Grade) Update 10/13/12: Now nominated. Yeah!
Head over to the following sites for some more ideas of books that haven't yet been nominated:
Jean Little Library
Random Musings of a Bibliophile
Hope is the Word